Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!


I wish you a very happy and successful 2007!! In Japan and China, it's the year of swines -- which seemed prevalent in Paris as well (see picture.)

Looking back, the year 2006 was very interesting. I went on six overseas trips, checked another box of the world's best list (i.e., my beloved BMW, which actually went dead, but it has recovered perfectly OK), started writing a science fiction novel that will become one of the biggest box office hits in Hollywood history....hey, don't laugh, I have a proven record of surprising my teachers and colleagues..........:)

To get closer to my goal, I recently became an associate member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan, and am determined to do energetic networking. Apparently, about 400 people will come to the New Year party scheduled on January 9th. I am looking forward to it.

Anyhow, my very short New Year's holidays will be over soon. I took Mom to the hot spring, ran into a nice Italian restaurant after I got lost on the road...yeah, that's life. I also found the perfect trash bin for my kitchen, and saw some good movies that I purchased online.

One of them was The Secret of My Success (1987). I fondly remembered seeing this movie over and over again as a college student. I can't believe this was made twenty years ago. In a way, this movie is so New York, and America. Michael J. Fox was so brisk. And Richard Jordan, who played his uncle, the President of the huge multi-national corporation whose employees' accumulated salary is "more than half of the GNP of the (former) European Community" (God, which company is this?), was a real Harvard grad as in the movie. But I sadly learned that he passed away of a brain tumor six years after the movie was shot. As you know, Micheal J. Fox has been suffering from Parkinson's Disease and disappeared from Hollywood movies in recent years.

Watching the movie and feeling it so vivid, it's unbelievable things changed so dramatically. This made me all the more determined to stay focused on the right moment and continue to be a go-getter gal.

No comments: